Sunday, January 3, 2010

2009

Since we're saying good-bye to 2009 I thought I would take a few minutes to reflect on the year. And unfortunately its the bad stuff that seems to stand out. There were too many deaths for starters. D's sister, B's mom, Jenn, Courtney, Ginger, Paul, and Mel. The last 4 in the last 6 weeks of the year. Then of course D was deployed again, and that was just as hard if not harder than the 2008 deployment. I was diagnosed with CFRD. My fibromyalgia has been out of control most of the year. I had my first hospitalization for anything CF related, and it was a whopper. You may remember the partially collapsed lung causing me horrible pain. And my cat dissappeared. So with all this stuff hanging over the year, lets talk about the good, even if it was small.

I got my new teeth!! YAY! I had sinus surgery (I know that seems like a bad, and it did suck) and now I can breathe through my nose and I get results from sinus rinses!! D came home!! I got my CF tattoo that I'd been dreaming of for years. I got my port, no more PICCs for me! I got back into knitting and crocheting. I got to hang out with my friend Tally for a weekend before she moved. On that trip I got to see 65_RedRoses and meet Eva. I made a trip to the CF center in Denver. I bought my first digital camera! I got oxygen after 13 months of fighting with my CF doctors. I found a new primary doctor that I love. I taught myself to knit socks. I went to a ZZ Top concert.

So there 2009! You threw a lot at me. But I'm no worse for it. In fact I'm better. I was reminded of how important my friends and family are, and I told them so. And as much as I miss those who passed away, I know that they are watching out for me. So I came out on top once again. 2010 will bring new challenges and heart aches, but I can handle it. With the love and support of my family, my friends, and my cysters I can handle anything.

No comments: