Saturday, November 28, 2009

Port, Courtney, Thanksgiving

So I got my port successfully flushed on Wednesday. This was the same nurse that did it the first time. She got it in one shot! You could still see the marks where the other chick had tried 3 times so I had her check it out and then feel where they were. She said that it was right over the edge!!! That's what I told the other chick!! She didn't want to listen. But at least it got done.

Courtney passed away earlier this week. Even though I knew it was coming it was still hard. I sobbed while reading the blog her family had for her. Her dad came to get her, he passed 8 years ago. It sounds like it was very peaceful. She's not in pain anymore. She's dancing and running and having all the adventures that her CF body kept her from having while she was here. She's with loved one who have gone ahead. I'll miss her so much, but I'm glad that she is free.

I cooked a big Thanksgiving dinner for me, D, B, N, and my brother, K. It was a good day. D liked my cooking, which made me happy. Everyone got sent home with leftovers. I started having a migraine around dessert time. It got pretty bad by the time I went to bed. I can't take any anti-inflamatories before my surgery which means no Excedrine Migraine. Only Tylenol which doesn't do squat. I took an Imitrex before bed and hoped that would help. I woke up around 11:30 and seriously considered dropping dead because at that moment it would have been better than that. It felt like my skull was going to explode. I got up, almost passed out in the process, and got a vicodine. I took that and went back to bed. If it hadn't worked I was going to wake D up and go to the ER. But I fell back to sleep and woke up for work. I still kind of had the headache but not as bad so I took 2 more Imitrex to keep it from blowing up again. I kept having to take it every few hours and almost maxed out on it for that 24 hours. But FINALLY it went away. I haven't had one that brutal in a LONG time! But all is better now.

No comments: