Saturday, November 7, 2009

HE'S HOME!!!!

D is home! When I got off work yesterday I had a text message from him that said he was in New Hampshire. Then when I was getting ready for bed I got another one that said he had just landed at the base! I just talked to him on the phone and he's on his way here. These last six months have been hard but this last hour or so is probably the hardest of all!

I know he's close, closer than he's been for half a year. I have butterflies in my stomach. I know I shouldn't, we've been together for almost 2 years, but when you've been apart for so long its almost like meeting for the first time all over again. I did my makeup because I want to be pretty for him. I'm wearing the watch and the bracelette he gave me. I have his favorite coffee, I made a big pot of soup. I'm doing all this so that he knows I've missed him, thought of him everyday, and want him to feel some normalcy.

In other news, I was able to get a swine flu shot this morning!!! YAY. Now only about 2 weeks to be hyper-paranoid of every sneeze and cough within 20 feet of me.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So glad that he is home safely!!! Have a great homecoming :)

Glad you got your swine flu shot too!!