Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The ball is rolling.

I spoke with the CF clinic nurse today about starting IVs before the nose job. That's what I'm calling the surgery to fix my deviated septum. Nose job. I don't do well with anesthesia, my lungs don't like it. If I don't do IVs first I'll feel like crap for weeks afterward. Even with the IVs I'll probably drop my sats during surgery and for sure coming out of the anesthesia. I'll forget to breathe and set off the the alarm on my pulse ox. That happened after my shoulder surgery. The ENT has reserved a bed for me at the hospital just in case I need it. I don't think I will, but I'm glad they're playing it safe.

I'm kind of having one of those days where I really resent my CF. A minor surgery is a 3 week odessey of planning and medication. It requires my third round of IVs this year, and half the hospital getting coordinated to make it happen. It seems like not a week goes by that I don't have some doctor's appointment. I rotate between the CF clinic, cardiology, endo, PCP, and rhuematology. Throw in a visit or two to the walk in clinic and that's my routine. And I get so sick of it.

I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that my pain has been out of control lately. Chronic pain is so depressing and exhausting! There may not be something particularly "wrong" with you, but you hurt.....all.....the.....time! It gets old fast. I'm not even sure why I keep taking my lyrica. I guess I'm scared that it will get even worse if I stop. And I can hardly imagine what worse would be like. I can barely function as it is!

No comments: