Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What's on my mind?

I really don't know why I feel the itch to blog tonight. I guess I am restless. And lonely. I got an email from D that says he has about 70 days left. That's just a wee bit more than 2 months!!! I can't believe its been 4 months since he left (almost). The one good thing about this deployment versus the last one is that I was more prepared. I knew what to expect, how hard it was going to be, how much I would miss him. And that knowledge made it easier to go about my life. Its not that I miss him any less. If anything I miss him more. Before the last deployment we only had about 2 months together. This time we had 8. We got a lot closer, went through some seriously bad shit together, and I love him all the more for it. So no, I don't miss him less. Its just that I know I can do it. I did it once before, and I can damn well do it again! I'm not going to let a little thing like a war get between me and my man!!!

I've gotten into making jam. I did blackberry the other day. There is a huge patch of blackberry vines behind my apartment. I picked a big bowl full, washed them, smashed the crap out of them, cooked them with pectin, lemon juice, and sugar, and put it in jars. MMMMM! I made apricot today. MMMMM! I think everyone is getting jam for Christmas. Its fairly cheap to do this and its fun. Plus who wouldn't want home made jam!? Only some crazy fucker that I wouldn't want to know anyway! HA!

I got some statements from the hospital about how much they were billing my insurance for my admission. *Falls over from the shock* Ok, I knew that its expensive to be in the hospital. Just to have a damn bed in the place was almost $1500 a day! Then you throw in meds, tests, docs, labs, etc and so on. And what do you get for a 4 day stay in the hospital? $25,000!!!!!!! Holy shit! Are you serious!? If this isn't an agument in favor of health care reform I don't what is! Thank the higher power of your choice that I have AMAZING medical coverage. But at this rate I'm going to burn through my 2 million dollar cap in no time. And the average Joe is just supposed to bend over and pull THOUSANDS of dollars out of his ass? I don't fucking think so! No wonder our life expectancy sucks in this country. No one can afford to go to a doctor for preventive care let alone some sort of emergency like they have a damn heart attack because they can't afford to go to the doctor and get cholesterol and blood pressure meds!!!!!!! Slap your elected officials around and tell them we need to change this shit REAL fucking quick. EVERYONE should be able to go to the doctor!! That should be a basic human right along with food and white cotton underwear!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Amen Cysta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I can't believe it has been 4 months already too!!!! I'm excited for you girl!!!!

Kellee said...

Right on!!!
We had a sinus surgery and a 1 month stay @ $290,000 ahhhh