Monday, April 6, 2009

What is it so hard!?

I called the diabetes clinic to get a new meter. They were out of my model so they mailed me a coupon for a free one from the pharmacy. It says right on the fucking thing that a perscription is required for the pharmacy to honor it. Was there a scrip in the envelope? Of course not. So of course this was a Friday when I got the thing, after the clinic had closed. So I had to wait until today to call them. I called at 10:30 in the morning on my lunch break. I said that whoever mailed it should have known that it required a scrip and should have included it and I wanted it called or faxed in so I could pick it up after work.

I got off work at 2:00 and got to the pharmacy at about 2:30. They didn't have the scrip. I have NEVER had a doctor's office take 4 hours to call something in! I was pissed, so I called again. I appologized in advance to the receptionist because I was furious and I understood that it wasn't her fault. I asked her why they couldn't get someone to sign a paper and someone else to cram it in a fax maching in 4 HOURS! She said she would get it to the nurse practitioner I see as soon as she was done with her patient.

The medical assistant called me back when I was on my way home. I couldn't wait on them because I had to get home to infuse my ceftaz. She said she was calling it in right then. I told her that the staff there needs to be informed that if they are going to send people these coupons that they need to include a scrip. She asked me why I didn't just come to the office to get a meter. I said that I live 25 miles away, work during the hours they are open, don't drive, and to top it off they were OUT OF MY METERS WHEN I FUCKING CALLED THEM!!!!!! I told them that if the guy who sent it would have just read the damn thing that there wouldn't be a problem.

So I still don't have the fucking thing more than a week later! It's only $20 but why the hell should I pay $20 when I am supposed to be able to get it for free!? I don't have any extra money to go around so anytime I can save a few bucks is really helpful. Damn I am fucking pissed!

No comments: