Sunday, June 13, 2010

She got lungs!!

Yesterday I woke up to the best news! My good friend and cyster Piper got her double lung transplant!!!!! Whenever I get to thinking about it I start to tear up. She's been waiting such a long time, and she's had to many calls that didn't work out. Once she was even brought to the OR and sedated when they found out that it was a no go. I can't even imagine how hard this has been for her and her family. But they held on through everything. And it paid off. I can't even describe how happy I am for her.

Considering what happened to Eva, passing away while waiting for lungs, this is absolutely the best news I could get. She should be off the vent some time today and I have no doubt that she will imediately ask to go for a walk. This cyster knows how important it is to move, she worked out SO much while she was waiting. She's really inspired so many CFers.

Piper, I know you'll continue to do awesome because you worked so hard to be ready. I love you cyster and I am so happy that you get to start a new life with your new lungs.

And let's not forget the donor and their family. This family turned their sorrow into celebrations for other families. They appreciated life enough to pass it along to others and that's an amazing thing. The donor family is in my thoughts, thank you so much for giving my friend a second chance, she needed and deserves it so much.

No comments: