Sunday, September 20, 2009

A busy week behind me, another one ahead.

So I picked up an extra shift last week, what can I say, I need the money. However, as tired as I am right now, I wonder how much longer I can keep this up. But I don't see being able to quit in the near future. I look at the pile of pills I have to take twice a day and wonder how on earth I will pay for them, not to mention the doctors that perscribe them, when I have to stop working. My insurance was billed somewhere in the neighborhood of $25,000 for my hospitalization last month. And that is sure to be the first of many. That doesn't even count the 2 weeks of IVs at home either. I don't want to work until I collapse, but I don't see how I can avoid it at this point. My one day off last week was spent at the hospital for two different appointments. I didn't have any time to rest, and rest is what I want more and more as time as goes on.

This week won't be any better. Tomorrow I have a dentist appointment. Then I have to do laundry before my port placement on Tuesday. I won't be able to haul the basket to the laundry room afterward, that's for sure. Hell, I can barely haul it there now! Then its back to work on Wednesday. At least I got 50 vicodin out of the CF doc. 25 now plus a refill, and I will be refilling it whether I need it or not. I'm not an addict but when you have chronic pain its nice to have some narcodics around when you need it.

No comments: