Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Three

Well, I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I've been overwhelmed lately. So why is this blog called Three? Well, as they say things come in threes and I have a perfect example.

2 weeks ago today D's sister passed away. She had a short battle with cancer. D was able to go home and be with his family. He seems to be doing ok with it, although he is on valium to help relax because obviously he is under a huge amount of stress.

I thought this next example was my number 2 but I was wrong. My best friend's mom was diagnosed with terminal lung and liver cancer the same week that D's sister passed. Even though they gave her about a year I thought that the imending death was number 2. I'll get back to this.

Last week my wonderful Jenn passed away. She was a part of the CF family. I took this pretty hard, I was pretty close to her. Its hard to imagine that I will never see her in chat again. She was very sipportive, funny, and had a lot of wisdom about life in general and CF especially. I miss her so much. Breathe easy my friend.

Last night my friend's mom, the one mentioned above, went into resperatory failure and passed away on the way to the hospital. In a way this was for the best, no long drawn out suffering from the cancer. Of course my friend is taking this pretty hard, he was not prepared for this since he thought he had about a year with her still.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Aww wow, I am so sorry for your friend. I remember in chat you saying he was taking her to the hospital.

I hope Dan is doing ok, i can't imagine what he is going thru. Thats so tuff.

And for Jenn, she was an awsome girl. She will deffantly be missed.

But in my opinion, Jenn, your friends mom, and Dan's sister are in a far better place then where we are! And that makes me happy!

Hugs to ya Jess!