Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Curse

I'm cursed, I'm totally convinced. Five or six years ago I got the flu on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and was SO sick. Last year I had my appendix out on the Monday after Thanksgiving. Today I had a tooth pulled.

I woke up this morning and just KNEW that my tooth was abcessed. I've had them before and it hurts SO much! That whole side of my face hurt and the tooth itself was throbbing. There is a dentists office right across the street from work so as soon as they opened I was on the phone with them. They were able to squeeze me in thank you diety of your choice!

After I had filled out all my paperwork they got me back and took x-rays and did a cleaning since it had been a while since my last one. The doctor came and looked at the films and did an exam and sure enough, I had a big infection in there. He said something about a root canal and I said NO! I don't do root canals since my teeth are already weak and root canals make them weaker (they essentially kill your tooth). So he asked if I wanted it out today. I said yes but was thinking "no, I just love walking around with half my face in severe pain, by eye ready to explode, and my tooth throbbing so bad I can't eat"!!! This is dripping with sarcasm of course.

So he gave me novacaine or whatever, saw another patient while that kicked in, came back and gave me a little more novacaine, did a deep cleaning of the area, and pulled it. It didn't hurt at all. He squirted some antibiotic stuff in there and put some gauze in for me to bite on.

I have another one that needs to go so I hope I can get in before the end of the year to get it done. I met my deductable with this one so it would be nice to get the other one done before the new year. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the pain, good lord it hurt.

No comments: