Sunday, August 3, 2008

Fibromyalgia

Fibromyalgia is: Fibromyalgia (pronounced fie-bro-my-AL-juh) is one of the most common chronic widespread pain conditions. The condition affects millions of people in the U.S.
The causes of fibromyalgia are still not fully known, but recent data suggest that changes in the central nervous system may contribute to the chronic pain of this condition.


And I have it......yay.....

I went to my rhuematologist again and yep, sure enough we're going with fibromyalgia. He still thinks I may have some arthritis going on as well but not sure how much. So once I am off pain meds from my surgery then I am going to take low doses of prednisone for 10 days. If I have a dramatic improvement then its more arthritis, if not then its the fibromyalgia.

If the prednisone works he gave me a scrip for some other stuff to take that is not an immune suppressant. He also gave me instructions to give to my physical therapist once I start going for my shoulder. He wants me doing light, low-impact excersise and gradually build up to more difficult stuff as I tolerate it. I forgot to ask about accupuncture, but I will email him for that.

No comments: