Wednesday, May 9, 2012

*face palm*

I seriously cannot believe that I did this.  I started oral antibiotics last week and at the time I had a few days worth of my pills left in my pill organizer.  I went through those but never bothered to refill it because sometimes the antibiotics and my vitamins upset my stomach.  Well, my antiepileptic usually lives in its little pill pod waiting for its turn.  I, uh, forgot about.  For three days.  Big surprise, I had a seizure yesterday.  I think I still had enough in my system to make it a smaller seizure than my past ones.  I wasn't completely out of it all day long like in the past. 

When I woke up from my long nap my laptop was on the floor upside down, the bathroom door was closed (I never close it because the cat's litter box in there), and I had hit my on something at least twice.  I have a couple of sore spots on my forehead and the top of my head.  I don't remember doing any of this but the cat certainly didn't do it! 

I called my doctor but since this happened because of human error, not breaking through my meds, they aren't going to change anything right now.  I'll have a clinic appointment on June 1st where I'm sure I'll get scolded.

No comments: